Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 23, 2009

ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL :(

Ok so this is not the best post but I figured I should have it written down so I dont end up doing it again.
For those of you that dont know I am not a huge fan of lighting and thunder storms, so needless to say on Tuesday morning it was not the best morning ever. The reason why I dont like the storms is because when I was a kid and lived in Utah the house my family was living in got hit by lighting and ever since that time my brothers and I are not big fans. Well anyways on Tuesday morning at about 4:30 the wonderful lighting storm came rolling in. Brandon was at work so I was left home alone. Well the storm was right over my house and I became very nervous and I couldnt control my stress levels so this caused me to have wonderful contractions. Well about 30 mins into it and knowing that the storm was not going to leave any time soon and I couldnt calm down I text my wonderful friend Bethany whom is around the corner to let her know what was going on. She came and sat with me for about 15 mins and the contractions were getting heavier and alot closer about 2-3 mins apart. So I told her she should probably take me into labor and delivery. We got there and the nurses said this always happens and they knew it was going to be a long day.
So they hooked me up to the monitors to check babies heart rate and check my contractions. This was at about 6:00am. After and hour and me still having 7-8 contractions within an hour they started me on the shots of the medication to stop them. By 9:00am I was still in the hospital and at that time I probably had 3 shots. I sent Bethany home since Brandon was there with me. Well anyways because I didnt know how much longer I would be there and Brandon was way tired because of work I called my mom to tell her she needed to come sit with me. She got to the hospital at about 10am and by this time they gave me my 5th and final shot.
I was starting to get nervous as I could tell they were calming down but not enough to where they were going to send me home. Well by 10:30am the wonderful nurse came in and say well since you cant stop we have to do the next step and that is admitting me to labor and delivery and doing the Magnesium drug. :(
So by 11:30am or so they had me all put in a room and they started the wonderful magnesium. This drug totally stinks it makes you feel hot, sweaty, sick to death and very very drugged up. They started me on 3.0 for 24 hours and about noon time yesterday they lowered it by .5 every hour. I could tell when they lowered it because I started coming to my senses. Well long story short by 6:00pm yesterday night I was finally able to come home :). It was a long day and night but I am glad they got the contractions under control and that my little guy didnt show his wonderful face to us. I am still not dilated so that is wonderful news, but I have been told by many to get over the fear of lighting and thunder storms. :)
Thanks to my wonderful friend Bethany for taking me into the hospital and not minding coming over at 5am, thanks to my great mom for staying with me at the hospital over night and thanks to my wonderful husband for being so patient with me and doing all that you have done. And thanks to everyone else that helped with the prayers and visit O and to my wonderful dad whom brought me a frosty and helped Brandon give me a blessing.

2 comments:

The Butlers said...

I am glad everything is undre control! I was reall concerned that u were going to have your little one that night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felicia H. said...

I wish we lived closer and I would have come to the hospital to be with you. Im glad you are still pregnant, having a sick baby is so hard.