Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

MORE LABOR AND DELIVERY UPDATE!!

So since my last post I have been back to Labor and Delivery for more shots to stop contractions and to get two shots of steroids to strengthen the baby's lungs. Let me start from the beginning. On Thursday I went in for the first time (this store is on the pervise post) and was told that I needed to be off my feet just for the weekend and if I felt up to it I could go back to work on Monday so that is what I did. Well Monday afternoon I started feeling contractions again so I gave my doctor a call to see what she wanted me to do. This time though I had no pain so I didnt think anything of it but I definitely had more than 6 within an hour which is not good. So just like I thought she sent me to Labor and Delivery to get checked out and once again I was having contractions about 4-5 mins apart. They gave me a shot of the stuff to stop contractions and then wrote me a prescription for a pill form that I have to take every 4 hours around the clock. This means that I have to set my alarm clock at night every 4 hours to get up and take it. I know if I dont take it I will be in trouble because as soon as it wears off the contractions start again. After that I was also told that I am on complete bedrest until this little guy decides to make his appearance in the world. One good news is I am not dilated. So bedrest to my doctor means I can shower and it has to be less than 15 mins and go to the bathroom but than its right back to bed. :(
Its funny how much I hated doing things knowing that I had to do it, but now that I have been told I cant do anything its driving me crazy and I want to help my poor husband around the house and all that great stuff. But we both know its for the best and he is being a great sport about it.
So on Wednesday I went into my doc for my normal check up and she has decided that she wanted to do a round of steroids to get the lungs of the baby developed faster. So yesterday I had my first shot and today I had my second one. And man o man do those hurt. Its not the pock that hurts its the burning of the medication going through my body. I am just glad I only have to do this one cycle I thought they were going to do more. The only reason why they would do more they said is if I do go into labor and my water breaks and they test the fluid around the baby's lungs 24 hours before delivery they would do another dose to see what that does. So that makes me happy. I just hope they arent doing this to early but I know the doctor knows what she is doing. She has been a great OB from day 1.
So the first couple of days on bedrest has been hard and long but I know its for the best. I am searching online for things to keep me busy and Brandon has been doing well with sitting with me in bed, so its nice.
Well thats about it. More details to come later.

2 comments:

The Butlers said...

oh wow love you are going through alot! I have lots of scrap booking pages if you want some. Are you able to work from home? I hope you and the baby make it until your baby shower. I work this weekend, maybe we can do a crafty thing next week if you want.

babystuff09.blogspot.com said...

No they do not have anything for me to do from home with my work which kind of stinks. But the stress of work can cause more trouble so its probably best. The baby shower is still on so that is not a problem. I dont think I will go in July but I think I will go sometime in Aug which is freaky but everything will be ok. I am always up for a visitor.