Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

BABY BOY BJARNSON IS HERE!!!


These are pics right as he was born. He is now hooked up on alot of different tubes but we have decided that we dont want to post those types of pictures yet. He is doing well though and we couldnt be happier.




Well he is here. Hard to believe it happened but we did it. As you all know we thought it was a false alarm on Sunday afternoon into the evening because the on call doc sent me home since I didnt progress within 6 hours. Well Monday afternoon came along and I called my doc to let her know what was going on over the weekend and all of Monday. My contractions were still pretty heavy and I was in alot of pain. At that time she told me I needed to go into labor and delivery once again to see if I made any progress over the night. We got to the hospital by 2:30pm and I was checked and by that time I was dilated to 3cm. They got ahold of my doc and by 3:00pm she came into the hospital and said ok we are going to break your water and get you going. Having her break my water was not very fun and the pain got pretty bad that i needed something quick so she said I could go head and have my epidural. So by about 4:00pm I was in my room and getting the epidural and let me tell you that was the best thing in the world. It was amazing how fast it hit and how much better you feel. Those women that dont get one are CRAZY!! So as soon as they got the epidural in they checked me once more and I was dilated to a 5 going onto a 6. We asked if Brandon would have time to go to school because he has a very difficult class this semester and didnt want to miss the second day of school. They said he should be ok but they would check me once again before he left. So at 5:20pm they checked me again and I was at a 6 going onto a 7. They said he would be fine to go to class but just to make sure that he had his phone on him so if we needed to call we could. His class by the way is from 5:45pm-7:00pm. So by 6:30pm they came in once again to check my progress because I had the major urge to push. Of course they tell you that you cant and breath through them but man that is harder than you think. So when they checked they are like OOO man you are at a 8 very close to a 9 so you need to get your husband here soon. They were like tell him he doesnt need to speed but he needs to head over. He was only about 10-15 mins away. Well he got here at 7:00pm and they said ok its time to start pushing a bit. However by 7:30pm I did the real pushing and by 8:01pm. Baby Boy Bjarnson was born into this world. He weighed in at 5lbs 15 ounces 18 inches long. He has a good amount of black hair. He was also having some trouble breathing so they took him straight to the nursery to get him on some oxygen. As of today he is on a CPAP and had to have a breathing tube stuck down him and some medication that went through the tube to get his lungs opened up. He does have some fluid around his lungs and his lungs are not fully developed, however this medication they did seems to be working very well and he should be off the CPAP by tomorrow sometime and I should beable to hold my son for the first time. Its been hard not being able to hold him or be around him much because they really want him to have his rest but I know that my mom and Father in Heaven will make sure that he becomes strong so he can go home when I do. We are thinking I should be going home on Thursday and we hope the baby will be able to do the same.
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts during this time we know that it will help alot.

Cammie Bjarnson
(Name will be coming soon)

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Congrats you two on the beautiful baby boy!! Can't wait to hear the name...Make sure you enjoy that extra help at the hospital and get some rest before you head home!!

Kimmie said...

Oh Cammie...there is nothing quite like having a baby. The pain, the emotions, anxiety and love. I am glad he made it here and that you and Brandon are feeling well. Hopefully you can hold him soon! That breaks my heart. Just think in alittle while you can hold him for the rest of your life. You don't have share him for awhile. Tell you vistors you need time with your baby first. Wow, what a journey you've had my dear. Again, I am happy for you guys. We will pray for you and I am so excited for you to get to be with him and hold on him and love on him. Take care.

Samantha Phillips said...

Cammie, I am so happy for you and Brandon- being parents is such an amazing experience. You instantly fall in love with your children and begin to understand how much our Heavenly Father loves us! I’m so very happy for you, Cammie; you are so brave and full of faith; you're going to make a wonderful mother. I'm glad everything went well with the delivery and that he is growing healthier.
We can't wait to hear his name and meet him. But we'll visit you later on after you've had some time with your baby FIRST! We love you guys, and are so happy for you!

Hills said...

Congrats Cammie! You are amazing and you're little boy is finally here! :) I am so happy for your growing little family!

amber {and co.} said...

CONGRATS!!! We're so excited that Miles is here! You guys are going to be wonderful parents, Miles is a lucky little boy! I can't wait to meet him in a few months! :)

paxtonfam said...

Congratulations! It's amazing, isn't it? I love the name. And I bet his hair falls out and comes in blond in a month or 2.