Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 6, 2009

NEED ADVICE!!

Ok so Brandon and I have been talking baby names lately and we both cant agree on any names together. However this is my thoughts on if we have a boy. I think because the boy gets to carry on the Bjarnson name then the middle name should be Grant which is after my dad. However Brandon was talking with a friend and he said that the boy should have a middle name as well as the last name that goes with his family because its his boy. So Brandon has decided that he would like the middle name after his dad Kenneth because Brandon was named after his dad's father. I have mixed feelings on that because what if this is my only baby or what if its the only boy than nothing will go with my family on the boys. But than at the same time if we have a girl it gets the middle name Jene because everyone on my mom's side has the middle name Jene so I have to carry that on. So I need help on what do it. I told Brandon that if he gets the middle name and last name for the boy I would like the name to be Jaden Kenneth Bjarnson because its flows and like I said he gets to carry on the name. So do you think I am being unreasonable? Let me know.

5 comments:

Cooke Family said...

Cammie I don't think I am the one to give any ideas about a middle name because you know I would say Grant. You are and has always been Daddy's little girl and he would be so very happy to have a grandchild with his name. But I will support you in what ever you decide.
Love Mom

Danae Jene' Nay said...

So is the baby a boy then?

Felicia H. said...

You both need to decide and agree together. Compromise, like if it's a girl he gets to choose the first name because you chose the middle name and if it's a boy you pick the first name and he gets the middle name. Or if it's a boy he could have 2 middle names like Jaron. His name is Jaron Wesley Harold Snider.

Karin. said...

I think its up to you, but I have always known that it is the dads side for the first boy. However, I don't think there is any tradition to it, its just whatever works for you two!

Joshua Cooke said...

Um, well, I already called dibs on dad's name. So that settles that one. If you do decide on Grant, just know that more than likely my first son will be named after dad in some form either way, so there will be multiple Grants.