Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

17 WEEK CHECK UP!!

So yesterday was an eventful day. It started off at 9:00am when my mom came to my place to go to the docs with me. I had two appts yesterday one was a great one the other not so wonderful. First off let me start with telling you about the not so good one. When I was about 11 years old I was diagnois with a heart murmur. It really wasnt that big of a deal because it was so mild and to this day docs cant even hear it unless I tell them its there. Well anyways because of the heart murmur and the pregnancy my OB wanted me to go get it checked out because it could get worse with the pregnancy since my body is working double time. So I went to a heart doctor yesterday morning. Well when I got there they did a quick EKG and that came back normal thank goodness, and of course just like I thought the heart murmur is still very mild. Since I was 11 it has never given me any troubles and I have always been able to keep up with my peers in activites such as running, dance and so on. Well when the doc came back in to listen to my heart he noticed that he heard some leaking in my heart. It thinks is coming from a valve but as of right now again its very mild. However this is a big concern because with the pregnancy it can open even bigger and cause more leaking. So at the age of 23 my heart is giving me troubles who would have thought. We are all surprised that no one had caught this before specially when I was born. Than again tech. these days have come along ways since my birth. So on the 21st of this month I will be going back to the heart doc to get an ultrasound of my heart to see where and how bad the leak is. As of right now they said it can be treated with medication and watched carefully to make sure it dont get worse within the 3rd trimester of the pregnancy. They did say though that if nothing comes of it it probably wont start giving me troubles until I hit about 50-60 years old. So yea that was the bad doctors.
As for the good doctor. I had my 17 week check up with my OB. It was just a quick one where they listen to the heart beat and it was still strong as ever. She also measured me and I am measuring right where I need to be at 17 weeks so that is awesome news. They thought with my ANA it would cause problems with the growth and the heart of the baby but so far we are going strong. My mom was so excited to hear that heart beat of her grandchild. My next one is a month from now which is awesome. Also before I left they scheduled the remaining of my appts until my due date. It was so weird to have to write those all down. That just made it seem like it was coming faster than I thought. In about two months I will be going every two weeks and in about 3 months I will be going weekly soo weird but exciting.
The day ended with my mom and I going shopping. I got my first maturnity outfit. Pictures coming soon. Sorry for such a long post.

1 comment:

Felicia H. said...

I love long posts, keep them coming. I'm glad everything is under control and that the little baby is growing and healthy!