Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

BABY BJARNSON NEWS!!




That's right my friends. Brandon and I are expecting our first baby, and we couldn't be more excited. We have had many trials with getting pregnant starting 6 months after we got married. This is when I found out that I was pregnant with the first baby, however 5 weeks into the pregnancy I miscarried. This one was difficult because it wasn't planned but I knew it was for the best because we were new into marriage and had alot of things going on. First and for most getting to know each other better. About a year and half later we were then expecting the second pregnancy this one was somewhat planned but not really. We weren't really using anything to prevent it but we still had some concerns. Within the first 8 weeks of this pregnancy I knew something was not right with it. We went into the docs for our first check up and I knew right as they got the ultrasound going something was not right. I didn't see anything but a big old dot. The doctor then told me that we were having a miscarriage and she was very surprised that I made it as far as I did without bleeding because all there was was a bunch of tissue. They told me that I needed to go in the following day to get a DNC so they can make sure everything was cleared out. They were concerned at first because they thought it could be a molar pregnancy. Pretty much this could cause cancer within the uterus and make us have many other complication, but after testing it ended up not being a molar pregnancy. Because of my two miscarriages they ended up sending me to a specialist to get some testing down. After many test and blood draws they came to the conclusion that they were fluke miscarriages and with being so far apart it was hard to see what was causing them. The doctor then told us that we needed to really talk and see if we wanted to get pregnant and it needed to be soon so they can see what is going on.
Well 4 months later around Christmas time we got the news that I was pregnant. Its so weird when you just know. I hadn't missed a cycle but your body just gives the signs that you need to take a test so that is what I did. I was so excited that day but nervous at the same time. Brandon was sleeping because I the test right as I got home from school, so when I saw the positive sign I ran into the room shouting Brandon we are going to have a baby. And also the first person I told was my great friend Bethany. :) The next day I called my doctor and they wanted to get me in right away to do blood work to make sure my levels were increasing like they should. Long story short 12 weeks later we are still pregnant and things are looking great. We have one concern and that is I have whats called an Anti Nuclear Antibody (ANA). To this day I am still not sure what it is but alot of pregnant women can get it and 5% of them usually have troubles with the pregnancy. These problems usually occur when you are further along in the pregnancy because it can cause growth defects and also heart complications with the baby so when I get to about 18 weeks they will do a level two ultrasound to get more detail of baby and make sure its doing what it needs to do.
The best part about having this ANA is I get to have an ultrasound every time I go into the doc which is amazing. However the crappy thing about it is I have to have the concern of my baby coming early or having the heart troubles. And also I have to go too two docs until I hit about 25 weeks and then they will determine if I will stay with the specialist or my normal OB.
We are very grateful for this new step in our lives and we want to thank all of you for the prayers and concerns that have gone into this pregnancy.
This will be the sight that you guys can read to get updates on the pregnancy. We are not going to update on our normal blog because we have some people that read it that we don't want to know yet that we are expecting. So check in monthly or sometimes weekly on BABY BJARNSON!!
















2 comments:

Felicia H. said...

The level 2 ultra sound is super cool!!! I got ultra sounds almost weekly and they always printed out pictures for me and I still LOVE to look at them. When I was on bedrest I framed one and put it where I could always see it and it really helped me to not worry so much. I really hope all goes well and cannot wait to see more pictures of my baby second cousin.

Anonymous said...

Cammie you did great on this blog. I am so excited to see new pictures of my grand baby every month.
A proud mom and Grandma
Donna