Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

MILES 1 YEAR STATS!!

Well yesterday we had Miles 1 year doc appt and it was not a good appt at all. First and for most here is his stats. He is still growing and getting on track.

Weight: 19lbs 11 ounces= 10 percentile
Height: 30 1/2= 75 percentile
Head: 18 1/2= 70 percentile

So the appt didnt go well because they had to do three shots and draw blood. When it came time to draw his blood the nurse lost the vein so she was moving the needle around in his poor arm trying to get the vein again. Finally she gave up and moved to the hand. Well needless to say he was dehydrated I think so they werent able to draw the blood, so this morning we had to go to the lab and do it again. This time was a success. The doctor told us to try everything and anything now for foods except for things that he can choke on. This makes it much easier for me to figure out what to feed him now instead of thinking will the doctor care if we do this. So this morning we decided that we would try toast with light peanut butter on it and well I guess he had an allergic reaction to it. I wasnt home because I had my own appt but Brandon said that Miles start sneezing, sticking his tongue out to pant, and his face turned bright red and started to get blisters on it. When I got home I called the doctor to see what needed to be done and he said just wash off his face and give him some benadryl so thats what I did and it worked.

Now that he is one I have decided that I need to start taking something away from him meaning the bottle or the bink. I wanted to start with the bottle but that is going to be harder than I thought. He can go without drinking anything if I did that, so I decided we would start with the pacifier. Today is day 2 and it has been going really well. He has been going to bed without it and it he only cries for a few minutes and than is out. I think I will start on the bottle within the next month. He does take the sippy but wont take it first thing in the morning or at night so we shall see what to do about that.

Miles now has all 4 molars in and has 12 teeth total. Hard to believe he has a mouth full of teeth. He is still crawling but is trying to get walking down. He can stand for long periods of time without hanging onto anything but when he tries to take steps he falls forward. We have started walking around the house with him just holding his one hand and that seems to be helping with the balance. So I am hoping within the next few weeks he will be a walker.

Other than that he is doing great and is still the happiest boy. I love him so much. :)

1 comment:

Felicia H. said...

Allergic reactions to peanuts are scary, I'm so glad he is ok. Good luck getting rid of the bottle it is never fun but always worth it in the end!