Well the title says it all. I am more paranoid than I thought. A couple weekends ago Miles and I went out to see my dad because we love to do that so much. Well anyways grandpa was trying to get Miles attention by clapping his hands and saying his name but Miles wouldnt respond to any of it. I also noticed it a couple days before we went to my dad's house but didnt think much of it until he didnt react to my dad. So anyways I thought I better be safe than sorry and get his hearing tested. He did pass the new born hearing test in the hospital but people can grow and their hearing can get worse. So today we went into his hearing appt. Long story short he did pass the hearing test with flying colors. The doctor told me that he is just a mellow baby and noise just doesnt seem to effect him. But the nerve system looked good and so did everything else. She does want me to go back in 6 months to do another hearing test just to make sure he doesnt end up with problems. Because he was on oxygen for a week after birth and I have a brother that is hearing impaired they just want to keep an eye on him, but they think he will be ok.
I am grateful that everything turned out ok but if it didnt I know I would have been able to deal with it. I did take 4 years of ASL in highschool so I know alot about the deaf culture. However at the same time I am glad that I dont have to go through it.
I am grateful for my baby boy and I am so glad that he is a good mellow baby. However it does make me more paranoid I guess. :)
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Cammie I'm so glad his hearing is okay! There is nothing wrong with be a cautious mom, I would much rather be safe than sorry too! No one knows your baby like you do so follow your instincts; there have been several times when I thought I was being "paranoid" by bringing Chandler to the doctor and it ended up that there really was something wrong. You're a great mom, don't doubt yourself! ΓΌ
Post a Comment